I’ve been getting lots of questions lately about our favorite recipes and what we like to eat. One of the biggest questions has been related to kid-friendly food. So, what I thought I would do is start a regular post where I highlight some of our family’s favorites meals. I’ll start with last night’s dinner:
Curried Chicken with Cashews
1/4 C. unsalted butter
2C. diced onions
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. finely minced ginger
3 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I only used 1/4 tsp. because we don’t like spicy foods)
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (or you can dice your own fresh tomatoes if you have some on hand)
1/4 C. cilantro, chopped
3/4 C. cashews
3/4 C. plain Greek yogurt
1 head cauliflower
1. In a frying pan, combine butter, onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
2. In slow cooker, combine all the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT yogurt and cashews.
3. Add onion mixture to slow cooker.
4. Cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours. During the last 30 minutes stir in the yogurt and let everything simmer. Add in cashews.
5. While the slow cooker is simmering with the yogurt and cashews, use a food processor to chop the cauliflower until it is in small, rice-shaped pieces. Steam cauliflower until soft.
To serve, spoon curried chicken over top of the cauliflower rice and eat up! YUM! Enjoy!